Instagram has created 2 mobile apps that allow you to do more with your photos and videos in less time – from your phone! You can highlight a favorite menu item with Layout or show customers a behind-the-scenes time-lapse video of your business with Hyperlapse.
LESSONS ON LAYOUT
Layout—an app by Instagram—lets you combine, flip and mirror multiple photos into a single image for a fun, one-of-a-kind take on your photos. You can do it all from your phone.
Tips for Success
- Get started: Upload up to 9 photos for your Layout from your camera roll, or take them directly within the app.
- Format it: Select the format for your photos. Resize the borders of each photo.
- Have some fun: Play around with the mirror, flip, and border effects. These affects can be applied to the entire Layout or individual photos within the Layout.
- Share it out: Upload directly to your Instagram or Facebook account within the Layout app or save your photo and add it to your Instagram Story.
HOW TO HYPERLAPSE
Tips for Success
- Get started: Decide what you want to shoot before you get started.
- Choose the speed: You can speed up your video up to 12x. You can also keep it at 1x like any other video, but with Hyperlapse your video is stabilized automatically—making for a less shaky shot.
- Share it out: Upload directly to your Instagram or Facebook account within the Hyperlapse app or save your video and add it to your Instagram Story.
- Bonus Tip: Before capturing the video, you can quadrupole tap the screen with four fingers to reveal a secret menu. From there you can choose your video resolution, frame rate and speeds up to 40x.